Us

Us

Monday, July 1, 2013

The Real Ryleigh Rowe

Ryleigh, in her toddler stage, has become a little bit shy. We went out for brunch yesterday with friends and she talked the whole way to the restaurant about seeing baby Arlo, and meeting our friends and on and on. But when we got there she was shy and stand-offish. Even a bit of a pill, crying and carrying on when she wanted mommy to pick her up. More often than not lately I've found myself being one of those parents. You know, the ones who sigh to their friends, "really, she never acts like this." I'm ashamed to admit that I've judged these parents. "Oh sure," I would think, while inside I was rolling my eyes. But now I know the truth. She really doesn't act like this all the time.

Aside from being humbled by toddlerhood, it makes me a little sad that our friends and family don't get to see the real Ryleigh - the sweet, funny, TALKATIVE girl that we get to see everyday. I know it's just a phase that she will grow out of. ...well I hope it is.

So here's a little glimpse of "at home" Ryleigh. Including a little fussing and demanding to see my phone - she loves looking at pictures and videos of herself. Oh and please ignore my bumbling for words...I was really tired. Ha ha!



That little voice. The counting. It just melts my heart. That's why I want so badly for everyone to see the real Ryleigh. Until she decides to stop being shy, this will have to do. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment