Us

Us

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Free Time

I'm a few days behind here... On Thursday, we got a half day off work as a thank you for almost reaching our membership goal and because we hit record membership this year. So I got off work at noon and headed home to an empty, quiet house. Hours at home alone? That NEVER happens.

So I made myself a pretty kick ass lunch, thanks to our new panini maker.
bacon avocado grilled cheese. YUM.
Then I decided to tackle clean-up/organization of my craft/sewing area. It was a disaster. I haven't actually worked on anything in a long time, because my free time is quite limited these days and that would mean spending most of "nap-time" cleaning up and not crafting. I think it looks pretty good now.
see what i mean?
this is what it looks like now.
pretty organized on the built in shelves.
side-by-side comparison.
note: there was beer involved in this undertaking. ;)
Pretty productive afternoon if you ask me.

While I was cleaning up I came across an envelope of a bunch of my old ticket stubs from concerts. Lots of memories in that envelope! One of my favorites:
seems like so long ago.
We drove from Indiana all the way down to the Everglades for this show. I guess really it was more like a festival, but Phish was the only band. I smartly sent all of my camping gear with my roommates and rode down with some other friends. When we arrived, after hours of driving, followed by hours of sitting in traffic, I had no sleeping bag and no tent. Surprisingly, in tens of thousands of people, it didn't take me long to find another Lafayette friend who had already seen my roommates and knew where they were set up. The rest of our time was just...epic. Definitely one of the best times I've ever had. Great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment