Us

Us

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Weekend Getaway

I meant to post about our little weekend trip yesterday, but I didn't get a chance. Close to two years ago I won a prize drawing for an overnight stay at a B&B in Hermann, MO. The prize package also included 6 - $30 gift certificates to the wineries on the Hermann Wine Trail. Score, right!?!? I was super stoked when I won and wanted to plan a trip back ASAP. Then I got pregnant...and nine months or so later, I had a baby...then we were busy being mommy and daddy. Well, short story long, we finally decided to use the gift certificates and go. We had a great time! It was our second trip to Hermann, but won't be our last.
First, a couple Friday photos:


Daycare was closed Friday so I had to spend my day with this. Too bad. ;-)
Freddie has tasty antennae.

Saturday we headed to Hermann.
Just our luck:
Friday weather = beautiful
Saturday weather = overcast with occasional sprinkles. 
Sunday weather = beautiful

Beautiful view of the Missouri River from OakGlenn Winery

Daddy's too cool. Believe it or not, he wasn't posing for this photo. He was just standing there and I just had to take a pic.
Outside at Hermannhof Winery.

Best pastry chef in Hermann, eh? Hermann, Mo? Population 2,341? Quite impressive, my friend.

Chillin with daddy on Sunday morning.

The B&B we stayed at was awesome. We brought our little sidekick. Since it is really set up for a romantic weekend getaway, they don't serve breakfast until 9 am. Our 7 month-old gets up around 6:30 am and we were wondering what the hell we'd do for those hours. Answer: play on the floor, drink coffee, watch MSNBC. Pretty typical Sunday morning actually.

Not to over do it, but just a few more photos from our little trip:

Photo of a baby in a mirror in a mirror...so artistic. Can't remember if this was before or after daddy got a speeding ticket.
Enjoying the outdoors at Oak Glenn.
She was so happy to just hang out (and sing) all day.

Happiest. Kid. Ever.
The deck on our suite.
Little fingers helping mommy take a picture.
Saturday view from the deck - a little overcast.
Sunday morning view from the deck - that's a little more like it
Perfect size for two adults... + one infant who does not want to sleep in a pack-n-play.

"What? Nah, I didn't keep you guys up all night."



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like a really nice place. And Ryleigh is just the sweetest little thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the quilt made the trip to Hermann, too!

    ReplyDelete