Us

Us

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Conversations About Bears

Last night we went on a walk through the wooded area near our house. Ryleigh and I had a conversation that went something like this:

Ry: "What if there was a bear in the woods?"
Me: "Bears don't really live around here."
Ry: "But what if they did?"
Me: "I don't know, because they don't"
Ry: "Where do bears live?"
Me: "Far away from here, in the mountains. Let's just be quiet for a while and enjoy our walk."
Ry: "But mommy I need to talk..."
<brief pause> 3...2...1...
Ry: "But, what if a bear came out of the woods and bit my arm like this?" (grabs her wrist) "Can you imagine that? What would you do?"


Ry was cheesing and I told her she could just relax and she didn't have to smile. So, we ended up with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment