Us

Us

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday, Crafty Sunday

Maybe it's some sort of nesting thing, but I have a ton of ideas for fun projects I'd like to work on. It might also be  the blogs I've been reading or my obsession with pinterest.com. The internet is a seemingly endless abyss of ideas and pretty things. Well, on pinterest you can create virtual pinboards to save pics of all the  wonderful things that inspire you. Remember when your mom used to save pages and photos out of home decorating magazines? It's kind of like that, without the hassle of actual pages to save. I have been delving into the world of online craftiness and getting a lot of ideas. But first things first. Many many weeks ago I took on the task of sewing a table runner for our friends Christy and Matt. Christy and I went shopping and found this great sunshiney yellow print.


Well, weeks have gone by and life has been happening. But I finally got some time to work on what should have been an easy little project (note the word should). Perhaps it is because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these things. Or perhaps it is the fact that I never use any patterns or instructions and tend to just wing it when it comes to sewing. Or it could just be my baby brain. But for some reason this little table runner proved to bee more difficult than it needed to be. After some seam ripping and maybe a little swearing I am happy to say it is finis.
Yay! It will definitely look better on their dark wood table than it does on mine. I think it turned out pretty well. Hopefully the Pourneys will see the flaws and imperfections as part of the charm of being handmade.


Like I said, I have some other projects in the works today. I snagged this frame out of the Goodwill box of  leftovers from Christy & Matt's garage sale this weekend. (Thanks Carin!) That is about as close to dumpster diving as it gets for this girl.

I have a great idea for this little frame, something fun for Baby Rowe's room. But, since we are traveling to Indiana next weekend it may be a couple weeks before I get to post the finished product. The suspense is already killing you, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment